With a total output of 27.4 MWp, the Bomhofsplas project in the middle of the Netherlands is the largest floating PV system in Europe. Bomhofsplas generates enough electricity to supply around 7,200 households and was created in a record time of just seven weeks.
- 27.4 MWp with an area of 18.25 hectares
- 6,084 module boats are carrying 72,898 modules
- Just 31 anchors are required to secure the installation in waters up to 50 m deep
- No mooring lines around plant
- Construction time of only 7 weeks